Tuesday, January 05, 2010

NEW YEAR's EVE IN BRUSSELS

I spent the New Years Eve in Brussels where an exceptional firework took place in honor of the first decade of the new millenium. The subject was the fall of the wall in Berlin, which has put an end to the comunistic part of Europe and set free millions of people.

It looked as if whole Brussels was gathered here. The ambiance was full of fun, everybody talked with everybody and bottles of Champagne changed hands.

Behind the lights, pictures of the fall of the wall in 1989 were projected against the wall of the buildings together with music out of the 80th.

and then the firework started

I tried to do my best with night pictures

at least one can see that it was very cold and there were a lot of spectators

a little video of what we have seen

after the firework we went over to the Grand'Place

Watching made hungry and the chips stall had a lot of clients

my hungry friend Ilona was amongst them. Nothing better then the good old carton cornet with "frites" and mayonaise.

The whole center was illuminated

the Christmas tree on the Grand'Place

and the buildings changed color together with music. It was quite magic as you can see.

Then we walked slowly back to my car through the crowd, looking for warm places to continue the night.

11 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a fun celebration! Your photos are wonderful, Gattina! I felt as though I was there, celebrating with you! Great post! Hope your new year is off to a very good start! Enjoy!

Sylvia

LadyFi said...

Magical photos and video! My daughter (8)and I are really impressed!

Rajesh said...

Fantastic night shots. Fireworks are beautiful.

Indrani said...

Terrific shots again.

Loree said...

It looked like a great night out although it was cold. Grand Place looks so lovely.

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful. I wish I could take night shots that well :)

diane b said...

It looked a great night but very cold. Good night shots, they are difficult.

The Good Life in Virginia said...

happy tuesday gattina. wonderful series of shots...enjoyed each and every one.
i see that i am not the only one who dips their frites in mayo...i also dip them in blue cheese dressing :)
happy new year.

i am off to southern italy in mid February...so looking forward to getting away.

hugs

erin

Jientje said...

The video is spectacular and the fries made me hungry, even though I just left the table. I'm craving fries now! ROFL!

Cezar and Léia said...

Lovely fireworks at Grand Place, it must have been fun!
God bless you!
Cezar

Puss-in-Boots said...

That looks like so much fun...I especially like the idea of hot potato chips with mayonnaise! I'm just not too keen on the cold, though.

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive