Tuesday, March 30, 2010

MY WORLD - Braine l'Alleud

I had a bad infection at a tooth and therefore had to go to the dentist to get it pulled out. She lives in Braine l'Alleud which is the next little town close to Waterloo, in fact it could count as one city. We even share the Waterloo Lion with them and the battle field.

Dentists are usually poor people and live in little huts, as you can see here. (this is a joke of course !) When I had one tooth less and a sleeping cheek I did a little walk through the town.

Some people were already sitting outside drinking their beer

the streets are quiet narrow and as it was a Monday there were not many people around

the market place with a fountain which was on strike

Flowers to buy

and people sitting on a bank chatting. Spring has finally arrived !

A very old advertising pillar survived

the church tower

another little street with a lot of restaurants

The city hall

and an old bistro

After my little walk my cheek started to hurt and I quickly returned home. My World was the dentist today !

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dentist ate poor? Hmm interesting. The streets and such seem so narrow. Beautiful city hall. Thanks for sharing :)

The Chair Speaks said...

You are such a brave lady; I am terrified of dentists and pain.
Dentist's house looks big.

Jientje said...

What a beautiful place!
I'm glad you survived the dentist. I hate them!

Loree said...

What a pretty little place. I am sorry to hear about your tooth. Hope you're feeling better now.

Randi said...

I agree...this is really a lovely place...I have been there many times. Thanks for sharing!

Jossie said...

Hope you are feeling well now. Thanks for the tour of this unknown part of Belgium. Waterloo still sounds so very Dutch. They never came up with a french name for it did they?

Wolynski said...

Very brave of you to wander around after having your tooth pulled - I'd go home and sulk. Very pretty town though.

LadyFi said...

Looks like a picturesque part of town! Hope the pain soon goes away.

Gracie said...

We passed it on our way to Waterloo and the "butte du lion", I liked the little city so very much!
I posted about our visit to Dinant today in my blog.

Joyful said...

That looks like a very lovely town. Did you mean what you said about dentists being poor? The "hut" doesn't look so small actually. In my country dentists are mostly very rich. I hope your tooth is feeling better soon.

www.snapthatpenny.blogspot.com

Maribeth said...

Hope you are feeling better.
Here in the USA our dentists are very rich.

Ramosforest.Environment said...

Bad infection tooth. Beautiful walking and shots.
Luiz Ramos

diane b said...

Such a quaint little town. Typical European and lovely.Glad to hear its getting warmer.Hope your sore tooth feels better soon.

Sylvia K said...

Glad you got the tooth taken care of! Hope you're feeling better this evening! Love your post and your photos as always and what a lovely town! I'd love to walk there, too! Hope you have a good week, Gattina!

Sylvia

Trotter said...

Hi Gattina! It's sad that you had to have one tooth left for us to see the wonderful shots of Braine l'Alleud, but thee is always a price to pay for beauty.... ;))

The Mayan ruins of Tulum are at Blogtrotter 2 for you to enjoy. Have a great week!!

Lifecruiser Travel Blog said...

Seems like a nice little town to me. Empty but nice - maybe they all did hide for the dentist not to find them? *giggles*

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive