Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A FESTIVAL IN BRUSSELS CITY CENTER

more participants here

Ilot sacré (sacred little island) is the area around the Grand'Place in Brussels' center.

Each year there is a festival in the Ilot sacré and as the weather was so beautiful I thought I too should have a look on the festivities !

Of course there were a lot of people who had the same idea !

There were food stands and beer stands so it was impossible even for tourists to starve.

This gentleman was walking around with a Manneken Pis (Brussels symbol) and sprayed on people.

He was very proud of his moustache !

People walking around or having a glass of beer

some plants or flowers to buy

and snails to eat

The stands

and restaurants

This young woman showed how to make "crêpes" (very thin pancakes). When she turned the pancake she throw it in the air and it landed in the pan again.

all kind of food

and different bands

The garbadge cleaner just walked behind these elegant citizens in their middle age costumes. That really looked so funny !

A band came from Malmedy, the German speaking part of Belgium

and the Belgian beer flow in torrents ! This man is for saving our planet : Save Water Drink Beer !

14 comments:

Coffeedoff said...

Lovely set of photos. Thanks for taking us to your festival!

magiceye said...

that sure must have been exciting!

LadyFi said...

Very entertaining- especially that guy's t-shirt telling people to drink beer!

And the guy with the huge moustache who went round squirting people... what a hoot!

Anonymous said...

How fun this looks...boy I wonder if that moustache is itchy? LOL

Wolynski said...

Now that's some festival. The pissing boy is the symbol of Brussels?

diane b said...

An exciting festival, ful of colour and people and nice weather. You must have had fun.

Anonymous said...

Very nice MyWorld Post! Well done!
Cheers, Klaus

Regina said...

Fun and joyous world!

Unknown said...

The colours, the crowds...I can almost hear the laughter, taste the beer, and smell the crepes cooking.

Melli said...

GOODNESS! That was QUITE a festival! How many pictures did you actually TAKE? Because I know you narrowed it down to share! Sometimes I take so many I overwhelm even myself and then can't write the story because I have TOO many to share! You solved the problem nicely! I'm thinking about switching to a new blog like Jientje did so I can put larger pics up... LOL! But back to your festival -- that man SHOULD be proud of that mustache - it is a beautiful specimen! I know you had a LOT of fun this day!!!

Carolyn said...

What a wonderful and colourful day. Thank you so much for sharing this great festival with us.
Smiles

Happily Retired Gal said...

What a WONDERFUL festive event! I enjoyed seeing all your colorful photos and learning a bit about your world. I don't think I knew you had this blog before ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

eileeninmd said...

Great series of festival photos. I would love a crepe. It looks like a fun time and a fun way to spend the day.
Thanks for sharing.

GMG said...

Hi Gattina! Another week has passed without a chance to drop by. It seems time runs faster when you get to a certain age... ;)
Great reportage!! I must confess that after so many years travelling to Brussels so often I wasn't so fond of going back; but now after some time without going there and with your lovely pictures, I'm starting to miss it; the beer, thh filet américain, the Grand Place, the Amigo, where I used to lodge, Magritte... I've to get back one of these days!!

Blogtrotter is trying to have fun in the Turkish Riviera. Enjoy and have a marvellous weekend!

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive