Tuesday, March 02, 2010

WATERLOO - Office Park

When I moved to Waterloo in 1975 the old sugar factory "La Sucrerie" existed as it had been built in 1836. When the factory was closed it remained there empty or was sometimes used for workshops but it became more and more neglected until finally the city with other investors created the "Waterloo office park"

This picture I found on Internet and shows you "La Sucrerie" after it had been restored. The white building had once housed the main office and became now the best Hotel in Waterloo.

This is one part of the original building restored.

in which is now a quiet expensive but very good restaurant

Quiet a lot of companies have their main office here, like Ikea

same view from the street

smoking a cigarette outside, the "Grand Hotel"

Here is also my bank ! As all banks they are very poor and since last year even got some money from the government.

For insurance companies it is the same. They have real beautiful offices

Need some money ? Master card makes it possible

For lunch hours or just a rest from hard work

there is a fountain

and a pond with banks around

Delivery entrance

and just in front of the Office parc is this nice Pub named "La Pomme" which means the apple. They have nice food, snacks or only drinks and even a place to smoke. Lots of employees are here during lunch hours.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waterloo is beautiful. I love it. What banks don't getomey from the government nowdays. LOL. The fountain is so nice. Great place! :)

Loree said...

I like that pub. It looks like a nice place to have a meal.

Jo said...

Wow, Gattina;) so beautiful and cleanlooking. I love the reflection of the bank buildings in the pond. Beautiful photos. Is the snow thawing? Is it warming up? Why do the banks have no money?

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots. It has been restored very nicely.

soulbrush said...

i like the skies and the uniqueness of the buildings too. but specially the pub!

SandyCarlson said...

What a neat place. What transformations, too. Thanks for the tour.

Jossie said...

It is a beautiful building. Glad it is finally restored. These old buildings have so much charm they should be kept forever.

LadyFi said...

Such beautiful buildings! And I like that delightful pub.

Indrani said...

Indeed a drastic change, change for good.

Sylvia K said...

Wow! that is a drastic change! And such lovely buildings! Great photos, Gattina and a really interesting post! Would love to visit there. Hope you're having a good week!

Sylvia

Melli said...

I never would have thought to make a post of an office park! You do it so WELL though! :)

happilyretired said...

Thanks for the virtual tour of Waterloo ... I loved all the photos and the information you shared. My fave is the one with the reflections in the pond.
Hugs and blessings,

Glennis said...

A nice tour around your town, I like the fountain and the reflections on the pool. Great that the old buildings are being restored.

Trotter said...

Hi Gattina! Lovely tour of the Office Park! Maybe one day, when I reconvert the blog, I'll make one on Tagus Park; but I don't think they have pubs there... ;) Excellent shots!!

Blogtrotter 2 has moved to the Reggae Land. Enjoy and have a great week ahead!!

Lifecruiser Travel Blog said...

I think you know what I'm gonna say: Lets go to the pub! Cheers! *giggles*

*singing drinking songs*

İlhami Uyar said...

I congrulate your world womens day,best wishes stay well.

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive