Tuesday, April 27, 2010

MEDIEVAL FESTIVAL CORROY LE CHATEAU

more participants here

On Saturday I returned to the middle age. There was a very beautiful medieval festival in the court and around the castle of Corroy le Chateau. It was built between 1220 and 1230 and is one of the best-preserved medieval buildings in Belgium, with gigantic round towers and a moat. The parc around measures 12 hectares.

The castle its entrance and the horse stables

The court inside the castle where the different shows took place

and in the parc in white tents

Artisans and craftmen showed their know how

Of course there was also a lot to eat and drink and quiet a lot of Belgian beers were represented

The reader and the writer

sausages and cheese

A fight with swords

a fashion show of the 14th and 15th century. I noticed that all men wore dresses or skirts !

There was a couple showing their falcons

and another one their pythons. The white snake is an albino python, very soft skin, I petted it.

and from all what I have seen this owl (?) impressed me the most ! It had such big orange eyes, that they almost look photoshopped ! but I swear they really had this color !

The castle and the parc around seemed so beautiful to me that I will go back there. The castle is still furnished and you can visit it on Sundays.

13 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a wonderful day, Gattina! I would so love to be able to go to an event like the one you have written about! Thanks so much for sharing the fun with us! I love it! Hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

What fun that must have been. I love those falcon shots. They are awesome. The ones fighting with the swords as well. Did you feel like queen for a day? :)

Jim said...

Fantastic to look around your world.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Loree said...

Interesting. They have those type of festivals here too and there are always lots of photo opportunities.

Bill said...

Looks like it was a fun day. I wish I could have seen it myself.

LadyFi said...

I love festivals like this one.. such fun!

diane b said...

Such an old castle. It must have been like a time warp, going back into history. I liked the cheese and sausages. So much to do and see. What a great day.

Wolynski said...

The sausages and cheeses - yummy - my favorite part, but the castle ain't bad either.

Jossie said...

You must have had a wonderful day going back in time and enjoying good things of the present. The castle is impressive.

Maribeth said...

I went to a Mid-evil Fail in Munich once with a friend of mine. I had so much fun even though I didn't understand a quarter of what people were saying. Their actions spoke louder than words!

Melli said...

Ohhhhh this reminds me Amanda & Luz went to a little festival near their home last Saturday and their was an owl there. Luz was fascinated by it -- but that night she had OWL NIGHTMARES! NOT good! Poor thing... she does NOT like owls anymore! LOL!

It does look like this festival was very cool!

Hilda said...

The castle alone is amazing, but to be able to attend a medieval fair! That is one experience that I would love to have in my lifetime. Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful photos, Gattina!

Trotter said...

Hi Gattina! Great party and great post! Wonderful pictures also!!

Curious about Halicarnassus? Blogtrotter Two has it... ;) Enjoy and have a great weekend!!

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive