Monday, August 18, 2008

A LITTLE VISIT TO LONDON

On my way to Eastbourne (England) I stopped for 3 h in London. I hadn't been there for 7 years and I just wanted to walk a little around. I showed already the pictures I took around the Buckhingham Palace here.

These short visit made me want to go on other cheap holidays !




Approaching the station I saw the skyline of London





and buildings where people live


 


   







I arrived at Victoria Station









It is very very busy inside





The Victoria palace is unfortunately a little squeezed into buildings and the ugly modern one doesn't fit at all !







The famous red buses





and a help for foreign tourists ! As the rest of Europe drives on the right side, we are not used to look to the left first where the cars are coming from !


 






Pubs around the station now with tables outside, because of the new law not allowing smoking inside. It is a pity because it takes away the charm of these old "Public Houses".





It costs 8 £ (10 €, 15 $) per day to drive with your own car in London center ! That's why you mostly see taxis.




tourist buses lined up


 


I loved the architecture of this building.


 


Driving to the office by motorbike ! that's the solution !

1 comments:

KalpanaS said...

It is a real shame about the recent riots in London.
I don't mind visiting London every now and then but don't think I'd like to face the congestion there everyday!

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive