Monday, July 25, 2011

AROUND EASTBOURNE UK

My world for a week is like each year at the English South East coast in Eastbourne, where I stay with my dear friends Anne and Doug. It's a beautiful town and I love to go and walk along the promenade, or sit at the beach.

That's what I have done today.

The entrance to the Pier

The pier and the promenade

Just walking along the sea

concerts are given here each night.

The "Wish Tower". Apparently if you make a wish here it becomes true. I haven't tried it out yet.

Then I took a sightseeing bus and went up to Beachy Head with its white cliffs falling into the blue sea and the soft landscape of the Downs.

Restaurant at Beachy Head

More participantshere

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know Eastbourne well. Lovely shots - so glad you got some sun!

Sylvia K said...

What a beautiful, delightful place!! Love your photos! I could definitely enjoy some time there! Hope you have a great week, Gattina!

Sylvia

EG CameraGirl said...

Lucky you to stay a week there every year!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What a beautiful spot your world was (is?) this week! My only problem would be I'd hate to leave. Love the coast anywhere at alll, but this coastal town looks like it is just perfection

LifeRamblings said...

that's my kind of getaway. lovely photos.

Joyful said...

It's so great that you can go and visit friends in a beautiful area. The beach looks very nice ;-) Have a great week ahead.

eileeninmd said...

What a lovely place to visit. Your photos are wonderful. I love the photos of the beach and coastline. Thanks for sharing!

Jo said...

What a beautiful promenade and how well I remember the Downs and those rolling hillscapes. So peaceful and G R E E N ! Are Doug and Anne your hosts/friends in England? Did you travel across on your own? So many questions, but then I have a questing mind. LOL. (((Hugs))) Jo

Margaret said...

I love the gardens along the shore!

keiths ramblings said...

How lovely to see your wonderful pictures of my home town. I may even have passed you on the sea front!

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive