Tuesday, August 25, 2009

EASTBOURNE (UK) AIRSHOW

Each year in August I spend a week with my friends who live in Eastbourne at the English coast. This time I had the opportunity to see "Airbourne, the biggest seafront airshow in the world (as they say) Red Arrows, RAF Typhoon, Hawk and Catalina gave a spectacular show. If you are interested in the airplanes go to the Airbourne link, because I was more interested by the general athmosphere and the obvious fun people had to get together and watch the sky.

The first day I went to Eastbourne seafront and walked around.

Hoping I would catch a picture of the plane, I pointed my little Sony Cyber Shot Camera to the sky and ... catched one !
Combining sunbath with a watching airplanes is for once something special
and I even catched a few more !
They left a colored sky
Family and friends everybody having fun together
The kids of course were more interested in these games then in boring and noisy airplanes !
There also were stands to buy souvenirs or other things and of course lots of food ! Nobody could starve here !
many people had just brought a picnic
Watching makes thirsty ! The next day we went to Beachy Head a beautiful chalk cliff above Eastbourne. It's part of tradition to go up there for a picnic and watch the Airshow.
That's what we did too !
We were very lucky with the weather the sky had cleared up and we could watch the planes. As I had seen enough the day before, I was far more interested in the beauty of this place.
where the grass ends, it goes deep down almost right into the sea. Unfortunately this is a favourite place for people who have enough of life and just jump over the end.
Beautiful flowers, bushes and trees
even the restrooms looked more like a little cottage house
The sheeps weren't pleased at all of these noisy engines disturbing their peaceful life
I had spent a wonderful day
The airshow was ended by a beautiful firework watched by thousands of people.

10 comments:

Eleanor said...

A wonderful series of photos! I also admire the handsome Victorian buildings on the beachfront.

LadyFi said...

Wonderful photos! It really is something to be able to watch an air show from the beach1

And Beachy Head is just glorious when the weather is right!

MaR said...

There was a lot to look at, not only up in the sky. Great collection of a fun event!!

Indrani said...

Wow! What fun!
Very colorful shots and great captures of the airplanes.

Louise said...

What a fun day! I love the scenery there. Beautiful. My kids would have been in heaven with all the jumping things.

Maribeth said...

What a fabulous day you had! Great pictures!

Arija said...

Looks like you had a great time with friends. I love the seaside architecture.

Melli said...

Ohhh what BEAUTIFUL places to watch an air show from! Not ours... Ours are surrounded by talllllllll trees so that if you don't PAY to go into the Air Base and be cramped together with the million other people who want to watch, you can't see it at all! How LOVELY that yours is in such an OPEN area where people can just GO and watch!

Lifecruiser Travel Blog said...

W o w! A W E S O M E!!!!

I wanna goooo there too. Looks like a totally breathtaking place, not only the airshow and planes, but the place too. Simply lovely.

...and the fireworks! Mamma Mia, I better not tell hubby or he will book it in for next year already.... *giggles*

SandyCarlson said...

Those understated English know how to do it.

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive