Tuesday, October 02, 2018

NORTHERN TOUR - FERRY FROM STOCKHOLM TO HELSINKI

Here is a map of the whole tour and how it started.


I never thought that you can cover a lot of territory in Scandinavia without ever checking into a hotel.

Our bus took us on the Viking Line a real luxurious ferry  which connects the capitals of Sweden and Finland. It had restaurants, with a variety of meals, reasonable cabins, plenty of entertainment (discos, saunas, gambling), and enough duty-free goodies to sink a ship !

We had to take just an overnight bag on the ferry our suitcases remained in the bus, because our 2 person cabin was small but comfortable with a bathroom. It was just wonderful. When I lay in my bed I thought I would be in a craddle and be rocked softly to sleep. Otherwise I didn't realize that I was on a ship !





It was real huge looked like a cruise ship !



The check in was like for an airplane.



And then I discovered our cabin ! The bed was very comfortable !

We left our overnight bags in the cabin and started to discover the ship



Bar and gambling room and a space for children to play.



On the upper deck was a nice bar where you could drink and have a snack



I walked around until the very top,







and had the best views on the surroundings of Stockholm






I even could see the Tivoli amusement park



Then we sat here and had a drink







It was just wonderful

After supper some of our group went for karaoke and dancing, but we were tired and went to bed.

The next morning after breakfast we were already in Helsinki


Linking to Our world Tuesday here

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a nice way to travel. When we cruised the Danube, every day we were off the ship. When we cruised the Mediterranean there were a couple of days when we did not stop and remained at sea. I didn't like those days.

Fun60 said...

I could see the Viking ship from my hotel in Helsinki. It docked in the morning and then left late afternoon. I wondered where it had come from and now I know. It looks very nice on the ship. Looking forward to your photos of Helsinki.

William Kendall said...

That's quite a ferry! I've never been on a ferry long enough that accomodations were part of the package.

mamasmercantile said...

Looks like a lot of fun, with so much to do.

Wendy said...

We did a cruise of the Nowegian Fjords one year. One of our best holidays being on a floating hotel.

Tanza Erlambang - Every Day Issues said...

waw…. beautiful pictures. You look so happy.
Thank you for sharing

Angie said...

Looks like a wonderful way to travel!!! And the weather - how delightful to be able to enjoy a drink on the deck of the ship!!!

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive